You have a choice on how you want your home computer to be serviced.
You can have a dedicated one-on-one visit to your home from one of our friendly experienced technicians. Or you can come to one of our convenient locations.
Here are some benefits to a dedicated on-site call
- Great for customers that want a computer problem resolved generally in the same day as the service call
- Want to have the option of seeing our technician preforming service to their computer, and are not comfortable with the computer leaving their home
- Do not want to un-hook drive and drop-off their computer anywhere due to mobility issues or feel that it is inconvenient.
How is the call handled?
Place a call to us, and tell us what time is convenient for you, and we will book that time for you. It is that simple. There is no â€śwe will be there on that day or between 9 and noonâ€ť. We donâ€™t expect you to wait around all day. Once we arrive to your home, we will simply bill by the half-hour after our minimum one hour charge and complete whatever tasks are needed to be done or communicated by you the customer.
Service work, can be anything from a virus removal, streaming media centre setup, to one-on-one technical training. Just to name a few.
Important considerations for on-site service:
- We do not charge travel time as long as you are within the city limits which is different than many of our competitors.
- You may want to note that just because some of our competitors are a few dollars cheaper than us per hour, it is not an apple to apples comparison. This is simply because they might take longer to fix your computer, which ends up costing more in the end. Furthermore, some competitors may not have a location to hang their hat up at (which may make it difficult for you to enforce your warranties), lack proper insurance, and experience. Letâ€™s say for example, you have an issue after the service call, picture getting nothing but a cell phone voicemail over and over with an â€śon-site onlyâ€ť competitor. The difference with Tech Squad, is that we will always answer our phones. Moreover, you are able to come to any of our locations to speak to a real person during our regular business hours.
- Donâ€™t be fooled by on-site flat-rates, as it may be more expensive to have 5 different flat-rates assigned to your bill in one hour, than to just be billed by the half hour like we do. This differs from our location flat-rates as we flat-rate time not the job. This translates to you having a ceiling on what you pay for your computer repair. We always keep cost-effectiveness in mind for our customers, and will communicate our recommendations to you throughout the entire service experience.
Benefits to dropping your computer off to one of our locations.
- If you want the absolute most cost-effective solution for your computer repair bring your computer to one of our locations. Since we are able to offer a flat-rate due to the tools available in our own testing facilities, you will know how much your repair will approximately cost before we begin any work.
- If you donâ€™t have the time to stay at home and watch us fix your computer. Examples could be due to your work or personal schedule conflicts, or travel.
- The problem your computer has, is simply not solvable via an on-site visit or remote support call.